An exciting opportunity has arisen to work with a top-rated financial company based in Ipswich Town Centre.
As an Assistant Accountant you will be supporting the financial controller in a large business, this includes providing timely and accurate business information to serve the needs of the business. This will involve processing, reconciliating and allocating financial transactions.
- Review, allocate & process key income & direct expenses.
- Reconciliation of key income streams when requested.
- Provide monthly and quarterly business information for the Partnership, Directors and Business Unit Managers when requested.
- Provide monthly and quarterly business and financial information to the CFO for reporting purposes where requested.
- Production of data annually for insurance quotes, audit requirements and HMRC reporting.
- Investigate trends and variances as required, considering products and services. Assess Product / Business Unit profitability and performance and commentary on variances
- Liaise with CFO to provide accurate monthly reporting.
- Provide ad-hoc reports and input to projects as requested,
- Assist with budget preparation
- Act as the liaison for management information queries.
- Preparation of information for periodic Tax and Statutory returns.
- Subsidiary company VAT returns
- Represent Finance department in cross business projects
- Checking internal reports and reconciliations.
- Assist in checking of payments, partner transactions and other banking movements
Are you a committed hard-working person with an interest in Finance? Then apply today!
Skills & Experience:
- Experienced in Finance.
- Comparable experience in a previous role.
- Ideally experience of financial services industry and similar role.
- Part qualified or currently studying for accountancy qualification.
- Advanced Excel skills and knowledge of /Sun/Vision/Q&A preferable.
- Experience of reporting to FCA, HMRC and ONS preferable not essential.
In return you will receive a highly desirable package including pay reviews, company bonus, private medical insurance and an 8% pension.