Time Appointments are currently working on behalf of one of our top clients who are actively looking to add an Assistant Buyer to their highly successful and efficient team. The successful applicant will work closely alongside the Buyer to assist with developing effective supplier relationships, identifying, and developing new product opportunities and securing the most cost-effective deals for the business.
The primary purpose and responsibilities for the position are as listed below.
- Support the Buyer with supplier meetings, confirming the agenda and preparing all relevant information
- Conduct regular supplier Meetings to maintain the trading relationship and ensure the business is continually up to date with any new developments
- Raise supplier claim backs according to terms for rebates and A&P
- Complete monthly & quarterly Invoices as required
- Manage incorrect price queries
- Check invoice queries
- Stock planning to ensure the department maintains stock availability targets.
- Compile weekly out of stock reports
- Complete monthly supplier forecasting
- Compile weekly discontinued report including proposed product supersessions
- Manage out of stock updates and add dates onto stock management system
- Manage discontinued lines and check for alternatives.
- Run monthly obsolete stock checks
Product Ranging & Promotional Planning:
- Contact suppliers to obtain range, pricing, and promotional information
- Report on supplier price increases, decreases and discontinued products
- Complete the administration of new products
- Update cost and sell pricing in the system
- Update the promotional pricing calendar monthly
- Set up standard and promotional pricing in the system
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience of working in a Buying or Purchasing team is essential
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 suite, able to analyse data with good MS Excel skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to build relationships
- Excellent attention to detail