Time Appointments are working on behalf of a well-established haulage and logistics company who are looking for a Customs Operative to join their expanding team!
The successful candidate will be joining a strong performing company with highly experienced and skilled colleagues. This additional operational department has plenty opportunity for the right candidate in a friendly and professional work environment.
- Performing customs Entries for Imports and Exports to a high accuracy level and standard
- Customs formalities for all modes
- Building and maintaining client relations for continued business with customers
- Data Capture and Record keeping
- Supporting customers with general customs advice
- Internal auditing checks to maintain high level customs compliance
- Creation of customs documents
- Working with HMRC and other customs authorities
Skills & Experience Required:
- 2 Years’+ experience in performing customs entries (preferred minimum).
- Performing Export Customs
- Performing Import Customs
- Competence in handling/submitting additional customs documentation, certificates, or licences
- Knowledge of Tariffs
- Bonded customs, Special/Simplified Customs Procedures
- Handling of customs for freight movements involving EU/EFTA countries and understanding of proposed new procedures starting 2021
- Understanding of AEO Procedures
- General Customs Compliance
- Understanding of Inco Terms
- Additional declarations for specific destinations and origins
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good problem-solving skills
Please contact us today to find out about this role and other opportunities we have to offer!