Time Appointments are proud to be working on behalf of a well-established, local manufacturer who specialise in various sectors within the construction industry.
They are currently looking for a maintenance engineer who has good practical knowledge of electrical and mechanical principles, specialising or experienced in production plant and facilities maintenance to join them.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in these areas;
- Experience of working on industrial control systems, 3-phase induction motors and variable frequency drives.
- An understanding of electrical principles
- Safe isolation procedures
- Good fault finding skills
- An understanding of basic mechanical principles
- Experience of working on machinery which includes repairs to drive shafts, bearings, sprockets, chains and gearboxes
- Knowledge of basic hydraulic systems including, pumps, motors, valves and hose repairs
- Logical application of fault finding and repairs.
A valid Forklift and cherry picker licence will be an advantage as would knowledge and experience in welding.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- You will be working as part of a two man team, as part of a 4 man maintenance team but must be capable and confident to work unsupervised in a factory environment, at heights and in confined spaces.
- You will be responsible for maintaining and repairing the production machinery, small plant, production facilities, supporting fleet of vehicles and some facilities maintenance.
- The work is often dirty (concrete factory) and involves heavy / manual lifting.
Currently working five days a week with some weekend work, you will need to be flexible in approach to your working hours with plenty of opportunity for overtime.