Time Appointments are recruiting on behalf of a prestigious haulage and logistics company.
Due to demand and focus on the upcoming changes to be seen with Brexit and the additional needs for customs, our client is looking to hire a European Operations and Customs Operative to join their expanding European department to assist with increased operations, customs formalities, and any nature within the team.
- European Operations, Inclusive of dealing directly with Clients on operational needs,
- quotations and liaising with suppliers to deliver on appropriate services.
- Performing customs entries for Imports and Exports to a high accuracy level and standard
- Customs formalities for European Movements
- Building and maintaining client relations for continued business with customers
- Data capture and record keeping
- Supporting customers with general customs advice
- Internal auditing checks to maintain high level customs compliance
- Proactive approach to problem solving and opportunities
- Working with HMRC and other customs authorities
What do you need to apply for this role?
- European Operations experience.
- Knowledge of customs process and requirements
- Competence in handling/submitting additional customs documentation, certificates, or licences
- Knowledge of Tariffs
- Handling of customs for freight movements involving EU/EFTA countries and understanding of proposed new procedures since Brexit
- Understanding of AEO Procedures
- General Customs Compliance
- Understanding of Inco Terms
- Additional declarations for specific destinations and origins
- High Level of Customer service skills.
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good problem-solving skills
If you like the idea of working for a successful company with continuous drive and ambition to provide excellent customer care and quality service, please contact us today!