Our client are a leading independent financial business with thousands of employee’s worldwide. They have over £90billion in assets under management and work with over 115,000 customers. They support businesses and apply a commercial, proactive approach to financial services support. Their knowledge of the loan industry and their best in class technology enables them to achieve the best possible outcome for their clients. They are looking to appoint a local Financial Controller/Senior Management Accountant to join their growing services business based in Ipswich. The successful candidate will be a graduate, with a relevant university degree and would be qualified or newly qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA and 5 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
- Ensure the production of monthly management accounts including P&L, balance sheet and appropriate analysis, in line with Link month end timescales.
- Oversee production of month end reconciliations and ensure delivery of the EMEA monthly balance sheet reporting pack the divisional finance team.
- Management of local accounts payable process to ensure timely and accurate recording of costs and supplier terms are adhered to.
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts.
- Responsibility for accounts receivable for the business including invoicing to clients, accurate revenue recognition via billing reports and timely cash collection.
- Management of cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports.
- Ensure the production and delivery to FCA of MLAR A, B and C return.
- To advise, question and where appropriate to challenge risks and threats to profit centre plans. Regularly review the actual and target operating model and seek to implement improvements at all times.
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Liaise and collaborate with external auditing services and divisional finance team to ensure completion of annual audit and delivery of statutory accounts.
- Responsibility for financial forecasting and budgetary control.
- Analysis of revenue and expenditure data in business planning.
- Review of VAT returns and answer any queries from Group Tax.
- Become the first port of call for financial queries from clients, divisional finance team and other stakeholders as required.
- Perform role of ‘risk champion’ for local finance team ensuring all business risks are appropriately recorded, controlled or mitigated.
- Manage the development of the Accounts Assistant to ensure their personal and professional growth.
- Assist in effective implementation of on-boarding new business, where required.
- Maintain operational data for KPI reporting.
Experience & Personal Attributes
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements, general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively (written & oral) at all levels
- Demonstrably methodical and highly organised with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong coordinating skills to ensure structured governance of Finance related matters
- Strong reporting and analytical skills