Time Appointments are working with a specialised logistics organisation based in Felixstowe who are looking for an Import Customer Service clerk to join their Imports Team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for handling all the Import shipments arriving at the UK via deep sea or short sea.
- Provide exceptional customer service via telephone and e-mail
- Assist customers with their enquiries, provide solutions to issues arising and deal with customer complaints in a professional manner
- Make bookings with overseas offices and keep the client informed
- Liaise with customers to arrange deliveries and release of containers
- Check transport call-over to ensure that dates, times, and destinations are correct
- Handle customs clearance information on behalf of the client
Skills & Experience Required:
- Good understanding of Import shipping procedures
- Good deep sea and/or short sea shipping knowledge
- Basic understanding of customs procedures
- Good knowledge of port systems Destin8 and CNS
- Good knowledge of Odyssey system (not essential)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established company with detailed expertise and knowledge. If you believe you are suited to the role, please contact us today to discuss further!