Time Appointments are proud to be working on behalf of one of the world’s leading logistics company based in Ipswich. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone with Imports experience and who is looking for a new challenge in a varied role.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Proactive customer services, responsible for implementing processes on behalf of the customer consistent with local regulations, and will be responsible operationally for driving adherence to each process.
- Prepare/maintain reporting of status and progress of all import activity to the customer for operational and finance.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as managing and prioritizing own workload.
- Receive jobs from Customers and Overseas parties
- Handling of daily import requirements – Destin8 / CNS
- Managing of high level account – dealing with various contracts and carrier choices to ensure the smooth operational transit
- Review Job for increased GP / cost reduction opportunities
- Document production and reconciliation
- Customs declarations
- Handovers and renominations (imports)
- Complete Duty/VAT invoicing and ensure receipt / collection of funds (imports)
- Acceptance of E2’s (Imports)
- Arrange collection from carriers and onward delivery to customer (imports)
- Monitor POD (imports)
- Ensure timely and accurate updates of SECT events
- Comply with Company policies and procedures
- Liaise with SPC’s, Transport Centres, external suppliers to monitor job progress
- Irregularity handling and escalation as appropriate
Key Skills & Knowledge:
- Ocean import operations experience within freight forwarding.
- CONTROL Job Booking
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Document production
- Good attention to detail
- Knowledge of Customs procedures and software
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent customer service skills