Time Appointments are recruiting for an Import Operator on behalf of a well-established logistics company based in Felixstowe
Time Appointments are thrilled to be working on behalf of an industry leading logistics business based in Felixstowe who are looking to recruit an Import Operator to join their growing team. This client has been in operation for over 50 years, and have worked with some of the leading businesses internationally. Our client provides a range of freight logistics and forwarding services and believe in the importance of customer care, cost efficiency and reliability.
- Complete the day-to-day Import operational requirements, supporting the operations team.
- Checking and creating documentation for Imports that meet government regulations.
- Receiving, collating and organising incoming paperwork received by email and raising queries if necessary.
- Liaising with importers and other suppliers to ensure the smooth flow of cargo and associated paperwork.
- Have an understanding of the HMRC/statutory requirements and how to meet these.
- Be comfortable working with a variety of commodities.
- Creation of customs documents
- Building and maintaining client relations for continued business and development.
Skills & Experience Required:
- The ability to work well on their own initiative based on their industry knowledge.
- Have 2 years+ Operations/freight forwarding/logistics knowledge Freight forwarding experience including Deep sea imports
- Customs clearance & European would be beneficial but is not essential
- Excellent Customer Service and IT skills
- Being able to remain calm under pressure and handle numerous priorities
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Free parking ma
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- Invitation to take part in various social events including Christmas party
- A competitive salary
- Personalised progression plans
- The opportunity to gain further skills in an award winning business
- Company pension scheme