We are working with a leading logistics organisation based in Felixstowe who are recruiting for a Customer Service Agent to join their Imports Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for handling all the Import shipments arriving at the UK via deep sea or short sea.
- Provide exceptional customer service via telephone and e-mail.
- Assist customers with their enquiries, provide solutions to issues arising and deal with customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Make bookings with overseas offices and keep the client informed.
- Liaise with customers to arrange deliveries and release of containers.
- Check transport call-over to ensure that dates, times and destinations are correct.
- Handle customs clearance information on behalf of the client
Skills & Experience:
- Good understanding of Import shipping procedures
- Good deep sea and/or short sea shipping knowledge
- Basic understanding of customs procedures
- Good knowledge of port systems Destin8 and CNS
- Good knowledge of Odyssey system (not essential)