Time Appointments have a fantastic opportunity for an Imports Clerk to work for our client, a well-established company specialising in the freight industry based in Felixstowe.
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to manage clients and handle the full imports process of food (IPAFFS) from cradle to grave and would ultimately become a key member of the operations team.
- Ensuring all paperwork is in order in time for clearances
- Coordinate all licenses applications, certificate of origin / authenticity stamping.
- HMRC – Coordinate duties, coding issues with HMRC for product lines going forward.
- Ensure all invoices are received in time and follow up for payments.
- Ensure paperwork has reached clearing agent and container is cleared as soon as it arrives.
- Understanding of IPAFFS
- Excellent time management is essential in this position
- A strong and efficient organised worker who is methodical and can apply attention to detail
- Ability to identify problems and implement appropriate solutions
- Excellent computer skills; experience using Excel, Outlook, and Carrier software essential
- Understanding/experience of logistics flow and process/ procedures within a FMCG environment or experience in logistics planning including bulk product transportation (Food/ Ingredients)
- Knowledge of IPAFFS System, HMRC Customs Procedure Codes and revenue amendment policies.