Time Appointments are working on behalf of a successful IT Support Service Business, who are currently recruiting for an IT Support Technician with previous experience of providing 3rd Line Support. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to better their career within the industry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor real time alerts for hardware, software and security issues and using central monitor software to proactively predict and prevent issues.
- Support and maintain the infrastructure of a Microsoft Hyper-V environment, including VM’s, SAN solutions and system applications.
- Complete system checks that include hardware, performance, configuration, asset inventory and database backups.
- Conduct the planning, testing, installation and rollout of system updates.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve system faults that fall under 3rd line support tasks and to liaise with software/hardware suppliers to resolve issues.
- Provide timely and accurate remote telephone & remote system responses to site based technical issues.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of all technical issues in the company fault recording system.
The benefits of working for this company include 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, 5% commission on the profit on anything sold, regular social events, a FREE lunch on a Friday and a contribution to your mobile phone bill!
Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of IT, Server Support or IT administration experience providing industry leading technical support and customer service.
- Strong analytical skills, enquiring and investigative mind.
- Excellent knowledge with Microsoft OS including Microsoft Active Directory, DNS and Group Policy Management.
- Good knowledge with Microsoft Windows Servers
- Good knowledge with LAN/WAN/Firewall networking.
- Customer focused with the ability to communicate technical subject matter to non-technical end users or technically capable engineers.
- Good time management skills; able to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to write clear, well-structured reports and instructions.
If this role sounds like something you would be interested in, Apply Now!