Our client a prestigious financial services organisation are looking for a Litigation paralegal to join their team. This could have been experience gained in any area such as family, motor, property etc. As long as you have experience in court proceeding bundles and organising documents for court, you could be a suitable candidate. The more experience the better of course!
- Account management of a caseload of mortgage loans that have been through the collections process and are now entering the litigation and recovery team.
- Achieve resolution to the default or arrears position of the accounts within the portfolio through a workout strategy which will include litigation.
- Pro-actively communicating with customers via all contact channels to fully understand their circumstances and explore the different solutions to reach the best outcome.
- Liaise with third party solicitors throughout the litigation process to ensure accounts are progressed suitably and expediently to minimise costs for the borrower and losses to the client
- Represent the team in discussing the exit strategies for the accounts with the Clients directly and seeking appropriate approval where necessary.
- Prioritise accounts by identifying the risks and progress strategy accordingly.
- Accountable for creating new strategies in the working out of accounts to achieve the correct balance between asset realisation and customer outcome.
- Equally responsible for the teams performance, assisting colleagues where necessary.
- Mitigate any breach in SLAs and ensuring high level of performance across the department.
- Ensuring all legal and regulatory requirements are understood and adhered to.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Account management of a caseload of mortgage loans that require progression through the litigation process
- Liaising with third parties, solicitors and field agents to instruct activity in line with policies and procedures
- Communicating with borrowers where possible to try and find an alternative to litigation
- Ensure all standards are achieved in line with client expectations of quality, productivity and performance
Experience & Personal Attributes:
- Legal degree
- Litigation experience gained from any paralegal role, be it family, criminal, motor, etc