Time Appointments are proud to be working on behalf of a leading transportation company based in Felixstowe. A vacancy has arisen for a Port Operations Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone with strong experience in a Logistic or rail background and strong leadership skills.
- Provide a dynamic leadership in all operational, safety and performance activities within the ports operations.
- Ensure that the company provides a high quality and cost effective service to its customers
- Work closely with the commercial teams and rail teams for smooth daily function
- Facilitate the efficient and on time delivery of the daily train plan across all rail terminals within the port in line with customer expectations.
- Develop processes to ensure terminal compliance with company standards and collate statistical KPI data to measure operational & safety performance.
Competencies & Qualifications:
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Previous experience in logistic/rail company
- Comfortable working in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to communicate effectively