We are thrilled to be working on two opportunities that are very similar, with two large scale manufacturing businesses local to Ipswich and Colchester.
You will be working in a busy, fast paced, team orientated customer focussed sales department. This pivotal role involves liaising with all areas of the business with an appropriate and considered approach.
The ideal candidate will be a strong, experienced but personable manager with a proven management track record, coupled with the ability to manage with a diplomatic, committed and enthusiastic manner.
- Management of purchasing Supervisor and purchasing co-ordinators
- Full accountability for the team and its output
- Ensure the Company’s Cultural values are maintained and upheld, setting the example, leading
with empathy and positivity with a nurturing and encouraging approach.
- Empathetic and Emotionally Intelligent approach to Management
- Progression of training and development of personnel within the area of responsibility
- Undertake Appraisals and identify training requirements.
- Development of the team to ensure succession planning giving everyone opportunity to grow
- Setting team and individual objectives to meet business demands.
- Handling management of issues and escalating to business when required.
- Co-ordination of holiday calendar and other ad hoc management tasks
- Ensure staffing levels, productivity and output is maintained during periods of absence and
- Forward thinking pro-active approach
Key Skills & Experience required:
- 5 years purchasing experience, with management background
- Sound administrative capability
- Proven experience of working to deadlines
- Ability to prioritise workload
In return you will receive an unrivalled, exceptional and once in a lifetime benefits package that includes Christmas closure, up to 28 days holiday PLUS bank holidays, a yearly bonus of a few thousand pound, great working environment, great working hours.