Time Appointments are proud to be working on behalf of a well-established Construction Company based in Essex.
They are currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor who has minimum 5 years relevant main contractor experience. You will be dynamic and enthusiastic and wanting to provide an exceptional service.
- Reporting into and keeping the Managing Surveyor informed of commercial issues.
- Procuring subcontractors to meet the programme and budget requirements, using organisational skills and experience to maximise opportunities.
- Preparing accurate cashflow and cost value reconciliation reports, including analysis of project risks and opportunities.
- Producing reliable site and on-screen and measures across the full range of packages.
- Analysing subcontractor accounts, assessing applications and preparing payment certificates.
- Reviewing contract documents and amendments to present to senior management.
- Managing contractual obligations and providing advice during the project.
- Maintaining and building on relationships with clients and consultants.
- Produce monthly valuations, manage change control and agree final accounts.
- Ensure that company policies and procedures are followed.
- Provide feedback on subcontractor and commercial performance to senior management and the estimating department.
Key Skills & Knowledge:
- 5 years’ post qualification experience.
- Communicates concisely, courteously and accurately, both verbally and in writing.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic and customer-focused.
- Is approachable and responsive.
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills.
- Willingness and flexibility to learn new skills and working practices, as required.
- Keen to develop their career in construction.
- An eye for detail and understanding the expected standards to be delivered.
- A good understanding of modern construction techniques.
- Competent in IT skills and software packages that are relevant to the role – includes Microsoft Office 365 and construction accounts management software.