We are working with a leading European logistics provider responsible for logistics solutions throughout the UK and the rest of Europe. Due to business growth our client is now looking to recruit an experience Road Freight Operator based in the Ipswich area to work alongside the European Freight BDM.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the Imports and Exports (road freight) movements which will include the following;
- Handling European groupage services, European markets, import and export.
- Arranging movement of freight from origin to final destination, both international and national.
- Liaising with customers, overseas partners and suppliers.
- Calculating costs and charges
Key Skills & Requirements:
- Ability to manage multiple customer requirements at once
- General administrational skill i.e., filing, archiving, documents processing
- Experience in customs clearance ideal but not essential
- Experience working within a road freight forwarding environment
- Knowledge of the road freight industry both import and export in the UK and Europe.
- 2 years (minimum) experience within a European road freight role