Time Appointments are actively working alongside one of our leading clients who are actively looking to add a highly motivated and skilled Sales Administration Supervisor to their team. The successful candidate will be providing valuable support to meet the needs of the business, overseeing the teams’ operations, and assisting co-ordinators in their individual and team performance and development through training, guidance, support, and feedback.
The primary focus of the role will be to communicate the organisational needs of the business to the sales order processing team with a primary focus on managing the day-to-day workload and management of department KPI’s within a fast-paced, team orientated, and customer focused sales environment.
The ideal candidate will be confident, with prior team leader/manager/supervisory experience, personable and diplomatic with a dedicated and enthusiastic manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Taking accountability for the team and its output – managing day to day workload within agreed KPI’s in line with growing business demands.
- Supervising a team of co-ordinators, ensuring high customer service standards and company procedures are being met.
- Providing structured training and guidance to pro-actively encourage individual and team development to ensure succession planning.
- Actively working with other supervisors and management to ensure a consistent approach within the department.
- Leading and encouraging team engagement/participation in team meetings and social events.
- Providing valuable input/feedback and attendance of appraisals with the Team Manager.
- Responsible for managing up and organising updates/meetings with the Team Manager.
- Outline of main responsibilities and duties:
- Pro-active and pre-emptive approach to varying departmental requirements in accordance with business needs.
- Pro-active approach to Sales and Purchase order processing
- Managing the quotation process including pricing, margins, validity options and delivery parameters within agreed timescales.
- Managing the sales and purchase order processing including checking stock levels, scheduling deliveries to meet on-site requirements and customer’s needs.
- Managing cover for the team to meet demand arising from holidays, absences, and training events.
- Extensive customer focused liaison and inter-company communications with other teams such as Logistics, Accounts, Technical and Special Projects.
- Managing master training documentation, individual training records, probation and appraisal documents and ongoing developmental training plans/records.
Skills & Experience:
- Sound customer services and administrative experience.
- Experienced order processer with excellent organisational abilities.
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively to meet KPI’s.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines.
- Proactive approach with “can do” attitude and ability to motivate others.
- Proven problem-solving ability.
- Ability to provide a high level of accuracy and attentional to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, via written and verbal mediums
- Motivated, driven and committed to maintaining high standards and exceeding customer service expectations.
- Proven advanced level of Computer literacy – Microsoft Excel/Word/Access.
This award-winning client really cares about their employees, they truly invest in them and believe that their staff are at the core of their success, their benefits package is completely unrivalled within the area it includes but is not limited to; a bonus scheme, Christmas shutdown, 25 days holiday and much more!