Time Appointments are proud to be working on behalf of a leading Freight Forwarding company based Felixstowe. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone with a strong customer focused outlook and who is looking for a new challenge in a varied role.
- Receive and process all bookings from the customers to an agreed specification and within the agreed timescales.
- Liaise with the customers and offices at all levels as required, ensuring a professional approach and image is maintained.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all departments and the customers.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the customers, in conjunction with the requirements of the Commercial department and in line with Company standards and available services advising the customer where necessary.
- Manage and achieve business targets as agreed with the Head of Sales.
- To proactively maximise all sales opportunities available from the customer base, considering future strategic planning and opportunities identifying future trends in traffic and any relevant new business ensuring this information is shared with relevant personnel.
- Work in conjunction with the Commercial department and the Resource Managers to offer incentives to the customer to maximise utilisation and profit.
- To work in conjunction with the Shared Service Centre to ensure that all revenue earned is accurately and timely invoiced ensuring all movements are rated as per the agreed tariff, whilst raising additional charges where necessary and processing claims/administration as required.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the key performance indicators and actively work to bring them in line with company expectations. Factors such as business gathered through wagon utilisation, common user opportunity, import/export mix, laden/empty mix, customer market share and vehicle utilisation (am/pm split). This is to be completed for all three platforms Rail/Road/Terminal.
- Provide weekly/daily/periodic reports detailing specific information as directed by your Account Manager.
- Challenge the status quo and continuously improve to raise performance
- Take accountability for results – Taking accountability for individual & where appropriate team’s performance
- Safety focus – ensures the safety & welfare of staff & other stakeholders at all times
- Balanced – whilst striving for results, does not take themselves or day to day activities too seriously, work hard/play hard
- Develop ourselves – creating time & taking accountability for personal development; ensuring regular feedback on performance is received
- Flexibility – regarding attitude to accounts covered and hours worked