Our client, a multimillion-pound firm based in Ipswich with offices across the UK are looking for a Senior IT Support Technician to join their team. They offer a fantastic benefits package including a generous pension scheme, flexible working, study support and early close on Fridays to name but a few.
- To work as part of a centralised support function with the primary role of restoring ‘normal service’ to users as quickly as possible and proactively maintain systems to avoid deterioration of service over time to meet future business needs.
- Investigate, resolve and document incidents, service requests, problems and events within the company IT systems to ensure high availability and efficient running of IT systems for the business.
- Liaising with third party support providers and stakeholders as appropriate
- Provide an escalation point as well as cover where required within the support function
- Maintain service availability, capacity plans, service levels and support processes within the responsibility of the support function to ensure high availability and efficient running of IT systems.
- Minimise downtime and meet the needs of the business and customers over the short to medium term.
- Identify and draw management attention to potential systems issues
- Manage and perform regular maintenance of IT systems to ensure correct and reliable functioning
- Plan and maintain arrangements for disaster recovery in line with company strategy together with supporting processes and manage testing of plans to preserve the ability to recover IT systems in event of a disaster
- Compile and provide metrics of the support function
- Maintain and enhance standards within and around the IT support function
- Provide documentation and technical/training-based support for users and colleagues
- Provide feedback and recommendations for system changes
- Sound experience to a senior level in IT support is a must
- Clear, accurate, effective, and timely communication
- Ability to speak to people of all levels within the business
- Ability to plan, organise and control changes within IT department