Time Appointments are currently recruiting for Service Lead Team Leader for an impressive business based in the Ipswich area to join their dedicated and hardworking team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a well-known and reputable company, to develop and progress within the Health Care Industry.
- To undertake on-call duties as part of a roistered system, ensuring there is adequate support for services outside of normal office hours including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
- To undertake needs assessments and risk assessments, developing with each individual an outcome based support plan.
- To support and supervise a team of Support Workers delivering housing support, behavioural support and personal care services to individuals.
- To ensure individuals are enabled to choose what objectives they wish to pursue and that Support Workers assist individuals in achieving their stated goals.
- Support the continuous improvement of services, including the monitoring of work practices (practice-based supervision) of Supports Workers.
- Conduct observations of new staff and existing staff to ensure competency.
- Co-ordinate centralised and local training requirements.
- Completion of service audits including Finances, Health & Safety, Moving & Handling, Nutrition and Hydration, Infection Control and Medication.
- To provide line management and staff supervision, to all staff either via group supervision or by individual supervision where required. Motivate the team and recognise good performance. To delegate agreed tasks to other members of the team and follow-up to ensure this work has been undertaken.
- Management of staff performance consisting of end of probation, development reviews, ends of year reviews and goal-setting.
- Using the established risk assessment framework for services, ensuring that all Supports Workers are able to create individual risk assessments.
- In line with the Quality Assurance Framework, and with direction from the Service Manager undertake monitoring and action planning required by regulators and commissions.
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for a motivated, passionate and assertive individual who strives to improve lives for people with disabilities and autism and deliver the highest level of care support.
- Experience of supporting staff teams, line-managing and performance management
- Experience of learning disability services and working in regulated activity
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with experience of care planning and risk assessments as well as communicating with internal and external colleagues