Time Appointments are thrilled to be working on behalf an international and award-winning business within the Shipping and Logistics sector in their search for a Supervisor to join their Imports team.
- Ensure all team members follow company policies and procedures.
- Carry out investigations into non-compliance and/or assist with disciplinary processes in line with company policy.
- Train new team members to company standards, customer service and job duties
- Provide effective communication to team members, management, and customers
- Ensure operators are compliant in all areas including HMRC, aviation security and H&S.
- Remain in contact with customers and suppliers to maintain relationships
- Ability to lead the team in absence of the manager
- Cost control of the department
- Work closely with internal and external customers
- Ensure invoicing and job costing are updated within the required timeframe
- Month end department compliance
- Customs Entries
- Assist line managers and Directors where required
- Ensure all reports including internal and customer specific are completed within the deadline
- Resolve queries from customers and suppliers
- Work closely with the line manager to complete Internal and external rates reviews.
- Assist with budgeting process
Experience & Qualifications:
- Educated to GCSE/O Level standard or equivalent
- Excellent operational knowledge and experience
- Comprehensive Customs clearance knowledge
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent people and leadership skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours as the business requires
- A very competitive salary
- Generous holiday and pension contributions
- HUGE Christmas party, usually based in London – fully paid for
- Great career progression opportunities
- The opportunity to gain further skills in an international and award-winning business
- Free parking
- Lunch van that attends daily