Our client is a friendly, forward-thinking Accountancy practice looking to onboard a Tax Manager into one of their 3 offices based in and around Ipswich. They offer a modern accounting approach and a friendly, down-to-earth environment where employees have the potential to grow with the business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Tax Partner and working as part of a team in the provision of high-quality compliance services for a range of private clients including high net worth individuals, Directors of small and medium sized companies and Trustees.
- Review self-assessment tax returns, including all necessary calculations of income and gains.
- Present to clients with appropriate explanations.
- Monitor the progress of tax return preparation and payment of tax through the tax cycle.
- Prepare and review IHT forms.
- Manage and develop client relationships, including regular client contact by telephone, meetings and electronically.
- Awareness of business development including representing the Firm at networking events.
- Review work of junior staff, ensuring quality in compliance with professional standards.
- Responsible for the training and development of direct reports.
- Ensure board decisions on staff are promptly implemented.
- Conduct annual appraisals and quarterly reviews for all direct reports.
- Actively manage direct reports in respect of holiday, sickness and general day-to-day management.
- Monitor and encourage improvements towards standards of work via guidance, coaching and mentoring.
- Highlight and recommend training requirements for the team and individuals within the team.
This client offers a generous benefits package alongside study support, a progressive, friendly environment and a modern accounting approach!
- 3 years plus working as a Tax Advisor / Assistant Tax Manager or Tax Manager
- ATT qualification is desirable
- Previous experience working with ex-pats is preferred
- Strong client advocate, determined to achieve great client outcomes
- Proven leader who takes ownership and uses initiative
- Strong influencer and negotiator who maintains excellent working relationships
- Problem solver with a resourceful, collaborative and analytical approach