Our client, a specialist firm based in Bury St Edmunds are looking for graduates to join their team and gain professional qualifications. These roles are few and far between and are a fantastic opportunity to get into an environment where you can progress and gain some specialised knowledge. This position is based in the tax and trusts department in Bury St Edmunds. The firm focuses on agriculture, medical practices, owner managed businesses and private clients.
On offer; 22 days + BH, Pension 6%, Salary sacrifice scheme, Death in service 4x, private health, qualifications paid for, paid study leave.
All revision, study and book materials paid for, professional subscriptions paid for, social events paid for.
The role would predominantly relate to the private client sector. The responsibilities include;
- Preparation of Trust & Estate self-assessment tax returns and personal tax returns including related tax calculations using the firm’s software (CCH), for review by a senior member of staff. All related correspondence with clients, HM Revenue & Customs and third parties as required. Monitoring and working to related deadlines.
- Preparation of Trust & Estate accounts using the firm’s software (CCH Trust Accounts), for review by a senior member of staff.
- Monitoring deadlines on Trusts and Estates such as ten yearly charges and beneficial entitlements.
- Dealing with the day-to-day administration on clients.
- Completion of Inheritance Tax returns for Trusts and Estates, for review by a senior member of staff.
- Preparing ad hoc advisory work, such as advising on Trust distributions, for review by a senior member of staff.
- Provide support in dealing with telephone calls, client meetings, engagement letters and general office administration. Carry out any other duties to meet with the needs of the business.
- The ideal candidate would either have relevant experience or a full/part qualification in trusts or tax
- An understanding of Trust and Estate accounts is preferred
- You need the ability to manage your own time and work to deadlines
- You will have to communicate effectively with other team members and have the ability to work well in a team as a whole
- You will need to have great attention to detail.