An exciting opportunity to be a part of a Freight Services team has become available!
The company is an all-encompassing global logistics provider and has grown to be a one of the largest independent UK providers of logistics solutions across Europe. They focus on supplying global supply chain solutions and can handle every part of a client’s cargo.
The role involves key account management, providing logistics solutions and services, working with a varied number of suppliers to obtain rates and solutions to suit the clients, and producing commercial documentation from invoices to packing lists, test certificates and customs documentation.
- Liaising with client suppliers directly to obtain shipment specifications, arranging bookings and offering a complete service.
- Working with the team in creating SOP’s on a customer/country basis, updating & making sure current details on file are up to date
- Working with various departments within the business and acting as a focal point for clients.
- Working with Letter of Credits & customers contract – all the way from the initial application stages, advising the best solutions to fulfil our clients’ contracts.
- Proofreading commercial documentation
- Updating shipment tracking & keeping regular contact with lines/lo-loaders & providing up to-date information to clients
- Proactive approach to problem solving and opportunities.
Key Skills & Experience Required:
- Freight Forwarding experience will be a distinct advantage.
- Key account management
- Strong levels of communication with clients to ensure seamless services.
- Ability to problem solve and think outside of the box to find solutions.
- High level customer service skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Demonstrate a high level of accuracy, self-motivation, and organisation.
- Attention to detail is a must & taking pride & care in the work you produce.
- An understanding of Incoterms
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office.
If you are an enthusiastic positive person eager to get into Logistics please apply today!
- Teamwork and look after one another
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company bonus
- Great career progression and qualifications