Do you want to get into the Shipping/Logistics industry but never had the opportunity? THIS IS FOR YOU…
Time Appointments are thrilled to be working on behalf of a worldwide shipping company based in Felixstowe. This role is a fantastic opportunity for individuals looking to get a foot in the door in the Shipping/Logistics industry. This particular business prides themselves on their ability to provide fantastic progression for their colleagues, and are looking for someone to join the business to build a long-term career with them.
What will you be doing?…
- Liaising with overseas agents / customers / hauliers
- Receiving pre-alerts and manifests from overseas agents
- Checking manifests and lodging with customs
- Manifesting of the containerised Imports / Exports in various systems
- File creation and providing regular updates to clients on vessel arrivals etc
- Issuing notices of arrival to clients
- Planning and arranging deliveries
- Invoicing out UK charges
- Assisting with transport arrangements by sea, air and road
- Undertaking various other administrative duties
- Providing Liaison between the company, Air / Sea Carrier and HMRC (when required).
What do you need to apply?…
- Have a genuine passion for shipping and logistics
- Be resilient and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Have good IT skills i.e. use of word, etc
- Be keen to build a long term career in the business
The successful individual will receive an exceptional working environment, brilliant opportunity for progression and intense and ongoing training. For the last 12 months, the shipping and logistics industry has been booming and to have a chance to get your foot in the door would do wonders for your career.