We are pleased to announce that we are working with a superb logistics client in the Colchester area. Due to their continued successes and growth, our client is currently looking for a Transport Planner/Administrator to join the team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an ever growing business.
You will be interacting with drivers, sub-contractors and colleagues from offices throughout Europe so you’ll need to be able to multitask and be accurate in verifying, informing and providing operational solutions.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, organise and coordinate transport activities
- Inform drivers or subcontractors about transport details (loading/unloading, goods etc.)
- Verifying/checking drivers activity and truck position
- Use the in house transport management system to monitor and update the progress of each transport
- Monitor the general performance and utilisation of the trucks
Skills & Experience:
- Ideally transport/logistics experience or experience in routing some sort of deliveries in some role.
- Office experience
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external parties
Hours of work Consist of a rotating shift pattern:
This is a role which allows progression and development for the right candidate.