Time Appointments are recruiting for a Transport Planner on behalf of a global logistics provider based in Ipswich.
Our client is continually looking to expand and grow their UK Transport Operations and the successful candidate will be a part of a highly experienced department who specialise in providing global supply chain solutions and every aspect of their clients’ cargo needs.
- Plan and organise the delivery of goods to customers
- Produce loading and delivery schedules to ensure effective delivery and collection of goods
- Organise the vehicle fleet maintenance and inspection requirements
- Manage driver sickness and holidays ensuring adequate cover
- Using internal software to input bookings and liaise with transport team
- Work with the Transport team to ensure customers are kept up to date with delivery times
- Knowledge of safety and legal compliance
Skills & Experience:
- Experience working within the transport and logistics industry will be a distinct advantage
- Strong levels of communication with clients and suppliers internal and external to ensure
- Seamless transport services
- Ability to problem solve and think outside of the box to find solutions
- Good understanding of Port systems and operations
- Experience of using Destin8.
- Understanding of AEO Procedures
- High level customer service skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong geographical knowledge
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivation, being able to prioritise work and meet deadlines as well as an excellent
- telephone manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
If you like the idea of working for a successful company with continuous drive and ambition to provide excellent customer care and quality service, please contact us today!