Time Appointments are delighted to be working on behalf of a well-established Transport Company. Due to continued growth, they are looking for an experienced Operations Manager in Container Control, to join there busy Felixstowe office.
- Working in a busy, fast paced transport office
- Take Control and manage the day to day operation
- Build strong customer relationships and introduce innovative solutions to demonstrate how they add value to customer operations
- Drive the team’s performance forward
- Ensuring targets are met, whilst also demonstrating a willingness to perform the operational tasks alongside the managerial role
- Have commercial acumen, capable of explaining complex logistical issues concisely, and the ability to negotiate directly with clients and suppliers
- Ensure the team delivers faultless customer service, while establishing and maintaining relationships with sub-contractors/customers.
Skills & Experience:
- Successful, proven background in the Transport & Logistics sector
- Container haulage/ transport experience
- Extensive experience of managing a transport operation.
- Proficient IT Skills, specifically in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Team Player